A new year means a chance to reassess, reevaluate, and refresh. For individuals, this may mean getting a handle on their health habits. For companies, it may mean establishing a new fiscal benchmark or evaluating employees’ recent performance results.
But is improving the safety and security of your workplace on your list of New Year’s resolutions?
If not, it’s time to start thinking about how you can equip yourself for the year ahead by taking a fresh look at your emergency plans, conducting new drills and training exercises, upgrading your facility’s security, and tackling important maintenance tasks.
Fortunately, there’s no time like the present to get started!
Here are some tried-and-true ideas to help you set your new safety and security resolutions for your workplace:
- Bring on experienced professionals to conduct a comprehensive All-Hazard Threat, Security, Vulnerability, and Risk Assessment
- Reassess and update your crisis management response plan
- Include local law enforcement and health professionals in your emergency ops plans
- Conduct annual safety training drills with your entire staff
- Test your notification and alarm systems
- Consider creating a counseling program for staff members to help mitigate the threat of workplace violence
- Create an internal system for team members to voice their concerns or make suggestions about workplace safety, security and facility maintenance
- Evolving risks for international travelers necessitate preparing those employees to be safe while traveling and working abroad
- Hire security professionals with executive protection experience and training
- Train any employees who will be driving motor vehicles in defensive driving and accident avoidance
- Upgrade your facility for increased security by upgrading your access management systems, revising your visitor badges and staff access cards, upgrading the hardware and locking systems of doors and windows, and upgrading or maintaining all camera and security monitoring systems
- Evaluate overall security risk management programs and program governance in partnership with your security integrators and security consultants
Ready to do what it takes to cultivate a safer, more productive work environment in the new year? O’Gara Training and Services is here to assist you.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and trained instructors are experts in identifying threats and training people of all backgrounds and experience levels on how to avoid potentially dangerous situations. Whether you’re a hospital, medical center, education facility, or tech facility, O’Gara Training can handle all your safety needs.
Our facilities are designed to teach situational awareness and give our clients peace of mind. Our team combines real-world, hands-on experience with proven methodologies to provide the most accurate security assessments and training possible. Our experts are some of the most qualified individuals in the world with experience ranging from former U.S. Intelligence Agencies, U.S. Department of State, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Defense, and the Secret Service.
Do you have questions about our training programs, facilities or our instructors? Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!